“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name and e-mail address. We may retain this information for the purpose of providing the Services and for communication with you.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) and information which our web servers may automatically collect through your browser or through cookies when you visit the Website. We may also collect aggregate information such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. number of visitors and geographical allocation of our users).
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Registration & Forums: In order to utilize the Services, you must create a user account and select a user name. Your username may be visible to the public; all who access the Services (Games). The chat, profile walls, and forums within our Services (Games), allow you to communicate with members of the online community. Whenever you give out information in public areas, that information can be collected and used by people you do not know. You should not give out Personal Information, and giving out other people’s Personal Information within the services is against the Terms of Service.
- IP Addresses. Your IP address is reported by your web browser when you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your user account information on our databases. We use this to:
- Diagnose problems and any issues reported by users that are related to the IP addresses controlled by specific parties.
- Gauge how many users are visiting the Website from different geographical regions and using the Services.
- Trace back the source of any malicious or illegal use of the Services (such as having interacting multiple accounts) so that we can more easily track and disable such usage as it arises.
- Game Hive Applications on Partner-Operated Websites: In order to use the Services (Games) on third-party operated websites (e.g., Facebook) we may require you to 1) be a registered member of a partner site, and 2) install a Game Hive application on your partner site account. If your use of Service (Games) requires app installation on a third party-operated website, you generally must agree to the partner site’s Terms of Service.
- Device IDs: When downloading or installing our Games (apps), information such as a unique device identifier will be provided to us. We use this information in order to sync your specific Game with your device. The unique device identifier does not include, or give access to the owner’s name, address or other personal information registered to that device.
- Support: If you send an email or otherwise communicate with Game Hive Corporation, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
- User Feedback: We may collect ratings and reviews from users of the Services. You are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by the third-party providers’, including Google Play Store or Apple Store’s, rating policies.
- Use: We may use your Personal Information to provide to you the license to the Games; to provide you with the Services; resolve service disputes; troubleshoot problems; to analyze usage of our Services; to improve our content and product offerings; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activities; provide you with system or administrative messages; and/or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. These uses improve the Services and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a safe, smooth entertaining and customized experience while using the Services.
DISCLOSURES & TRANSFERS
We may use the services of subsidiaries, affiliates and third-party providers (collectively, “Third Parties”) in connection with our provision of the Services and/or off-premise data hosting. We may disclose your Personal Information to the Third Parties in the course of our use of their services. We take care to use Third Parties that we believe are reputable and capable of performing the services we require of them, including, without limitation, the handling of confidential information and Personal Information and the compliance with all applicable laws.
THIRD PARTY SITES & ADVERTISERS
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect the Personal Information that you provide to us. We have procedures in place that limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as necessary. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted in relation to the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. Never give out your passwords, real name or address. Do not choose a username which is your real name, and remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished using the Website or accessing the Services (Games) online.
ACCESSING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten) – You have the right to review, update, correct inaccurate or incomplete, or delete any Ppersonal Iinformation associated with your game account as well as request the closure of your account. To request access to, review, verify, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us,Y you may submit a request by opening an in-game support ticket or by contacting our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the Personal Information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your Personal Information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your Personal Information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their Personal Information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
Please note that for requests on deletion, we will take reasonable measures to delete any personal information from our records however certain records, including those relating to payments or customer service matters will be held for legal and accounting purposes. We may also keep information in order to exercise, defend, or establish our rights. Even through data deletion we may still collect and use anonymized, Non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Services.
Should you have any issues or questions regarding how to exercise your rights you can contact the Game Hive Support Team at email@example.com at any time.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, transfer, and/or sale of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances or to object to, or restrict, our processing, transfer, and/or sale of your Personal Information. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
If you are a child under the age of 13, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The CompanyWe will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 13 without said parental consent. We encourage parents or legal guardians to monitor and review their child’s use of the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PIIPersonal Information, or are concerned about our collection, use, disclosure and potential transfer of such Personal Information, or you would like to request that we stop collecting or delete your child’s Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com the address given below and we will endeavor to delete such Personal Information that PII from our databases and address your concerns.
AMENDMENT OF THIS POLICY
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact our data protection officer, Steven Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: December 20th, 2023